Professor of Human Cognitive Neuroscience and Honorary Consultant in Neurology, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
Professor of Neuropsychology and Honorary Consultant in Neurology, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK (from January 1994 to March 2004).
Senior Consultant Neurologist, University Teaching Hospital, Milan and Head of the Neuropsychology Unit, Medical Centre of Veruno (NO), Clinica del Lavoro Foundation, Scientific Institute of Care and Research, University of Pavia (1986-1993).
Examples of recognitions and awards
- 1997 Fellow British Psychology Society (FBPsS)
- 2000 Fellow Royal Society of Arts (RSA)
- 2002 Fellow Royal Society of Edinburgh (FRSE)
- 2004 “Raine” Visiting Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of Western Australia
- 2006 External assessor for Republic of Ireland Health Research Board.
- 2006 External assessor for German Federal Ministry for Education and Research
- 2006 External assessor, School of Psychology, University of Queensland, Australia
- 2007-2010 Advisor for the Italian Ministry of Industry, University and Research
- 2007-2010 Adjunct Professor, School of Psychology, University of Western Australia
- 2008-2012 Advisor for the Neuroscience Programme, San Paolo Foundation, Turin, Italy
- 2008-10 President of the Federation of European Societies of Neuropsychology –ESN
- 2008 First Tam Dalyell Prize for Excellence in Engaging the Public with Science
- 2009-16 Advisor for the French Agencie Nationale de la Research Programme
- 2011-to date President of the CICAP, the Italian Society promoting Critical Thinking
- 2011 Fellow of the APS – Association for Psychological Sciences
- 2013 International assessor for the Danish National Research Foundation
- 2013-2014 Assessor for the research programme Future in Research (FIR)
- 2015 Section Editor of the “Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences”
- 2014-2016 President of the British Neuropsychological Society
Publications and dissemination
Sergio Della Sala published over 500 scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals on the relationship between brain and behaviour, several monographs, over 250 chapters in books, editorials or proceedings, several science dissemination papers and organised exhibitions for the general public. He is the editor-in-chief of Corte